Chloe at Book Dragons is running an event through August 2018 that I think we could all use…
A good ol’ blog and Goodreads tidy up!
Now, my Goodreads is mostly okay because I tend to update it as I go, so my books read, owned and removed are all fine and dandy. And I’ve always been fussy about making sure I have the right editions of the book selected. My blog though? Yeah, that could definitely use a tidy!
Here’s what I hope to accomplish in August:
- Linking up tag and ‘Best of…’ posts to the respective reviews.
- Adding alt tags to images, which I’m too lazy to do 90% of the time.
- Reformatting (or, let’s face it, deleting) my super old posts.
- Checking links work on posts prior to February, when I moved to WordPress.
- Amending the SEO on posts prior to February.
- Cross-posting reviews to LibraryThing, Goodreads and Amazon.
I’m weirdly looking forward to this. I have a week off from work starting 6 August 2018, the majority of which I’ll be at home on my own, reading my books. Don’t feel sorry for me, that was 100% my intention when I booked it off and the Boyfriend was told in no uncertain terms that he was not to book it off also. But it’ll be nice to have a poke at my blog and look over the last… eight? seven? years of posts. I have a PLAN and I am EXCITED.
Ongoing progress can be found below!
So far, I have fixed/linked/amended/SEO-ed the following posts:
- The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
- Into the Drowning Deep by Mira Grant
- A Natural History of Dragons by Marie Brennan
- 10 Years in 10 Books
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
- Home Fire by Kamila Shamsie
- The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
- All Day: A Year of Love and Survival Teaching Incarcerated Kids at Ryker’s Island by Liza Jessie Peterson
More information and sign-ups can be found here.