So I’d never heard of this until I saw it on Bex’s blog this evening but I’ve rapidly decided it’s the best idea ever.
For a full explanation go here, but otherwise:
- Read one, two, or three of these babies between June 1 and September 1
- Link your review(s) up right here as you finish
- For each book you read, review and link up, you will gain one entry toward the prize drawing.
- These can be first-time reads or re-reads with newly-written
reviews, but please don’t pull old reviews for books you’ve already
read. That’s cheating!
There’s a huge list of diverse books to choose from, all nominated by us. Well, not us, but I’ll definitely be joining in next year!
This is what I’m hoping to read from the current list this year:
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets by Eva Rice
- Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury
- Tell the Wolves I’m Home by Carol Rifka Brunt – DONE!
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee – DONE!
Three of them are rereads, but I read The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets so long ago that it barely counts as ‘read.’ The others are The Night Circus and To Kill A Mockingbird, which are both due to be read again due to their amazingness.
The others are new to me, although coincidentally and conveniently I did get Tell the Wolves I’m Home from the library just yesterday! The other two I already own.